Today is nothing but a crotchety old man complaining. Not the clown in the picture. He’s one of the complaints I have to get out of my system. I just need to vent and take out my bilious spleen on the world (not by surgery, but by complaining.) So, I will make a list of the things that chaps the skin on my donkey (that’s the word, isn’t it? Not the Biblical word for a donkey, but you get the idea. Teachers train themselves to never directly use the word “ass” in a way that makes middle school kids hoot and laugh.)
- Why is the pumpkin-headed orange clown NOT in prison? I could make a list of countries that would’ve executed him directly after the coup attempt on far less evidence than we get daily in the news. How can he still be in contention for the nomination of the Republican Presidential candidate who will probably win the next election because Republicans cheat?
- Why do Republicans who committed crimes that they describe in detail in their books about the insurrection and Trump’s coup attempt get to make money on their books hand over fist and never get investigated by the FBI and put on trial? I didn’t commit crimes and my books get ignored. (I only gave away one book on my last free-book promotion.)
3. Why do we have to pay so much for health insurance, doctor’s bills not covered by the insurance because of a technicality, Medicare fees every three months, and still have to cover eye-doctor bills and dental bills completely out of pocket with no help from insurance?
4. Each of the last two Republican administrations gave tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires and left office with the economy in free-fall crashes, making a mess for the next administrations to clean up. Why then do the Democrats not only get none of the credit for fixing the problems, but also get blamed for the painful things like inflation that come with the efforts to recover?
5. Why is it an insult to be called a Liberal (since they favor labor unions, have empathy for the poor, are slightly kinder to immigrants,, and want to do sensible things like build solar-energy infrastructure to save the planet from global extinction of life on Earth?) And why is it a complement to call somebody a Conservative (when they make laws that the majority of people don’t want, to make teachers unable to say certain words they don’t like in school like gay, straight, slavery, discrimination, and activism, and to make it harder for people to vote if they are not rich, white, and Republican, and to crack down on crimes that poor people might commit while giving a free pass on bigger crimes to corporate overlords, CEOs, and Congressmen who are Republican?)
6. Five things to complain about are not enough, but I have to stop before sour stomachs become ulcers. Okay, so that makes six… technically.
5 responses to “Complaining by the Irritable Complainer”
Reblogged this on NEW BLOG HERE >> https:/BOOKS.ESLARN-NET.DE.
Lets hope we will get an answer, someday! Best wishes, Michael
Thank you. Your good wishes make the complaining worthwhile.
Mickey, good list of questions. As a former Republican and Democrat, the key purpose of the GOP is masked by all the other subterfuge. In essence, the issue on conservative judges is more to do with ruling against plaintiffs when they seek recompense from corporations. This is aligned with the key mission – give more money to rich people and help them keep it. Yet, that does not play well on a bumper sticker. I said about ten years ago, most Republicans are voting against their economic interests and have no idea they are. Keith
My cousin in Iowa died of Covid because she listened to Trumpy anti-maskers and didn’t get vaccinated. I have no more patience with people who give their allegiance to those who wish to prey upon them. Pity, sympathy, sorrow, and regrets I have aplenty for them, but no more patience. The Pumpkinhead needs to go to prison.