Yes I will continue to coddiwomple for a while. On my birthday in November of 2014 after retiring in May, I decided I would do a blog post every single day for at least a year. Now, two years and four months later, I am still posting every single day. I think that I shall continue for a while because there are real benefits to doing so.
- It keeps my seriously old and worn-out brain active, chugging along even though it is held together with mental duct tape.
- It challenges my ability to come up with new ideas. I admit, sometimes I set down to write a post with nothing in my head but random snippets of music and empty space. Yet, I have managed to increasingly create bizarre and exotic thought-artifacts at an increasingly volatile pace. Perhaps soon the ideas reach critical mass and my writing goes boom like a series of fireworks.
- It has increased my visibility on WordPress and the reach of my writing through social media.
- It has taught me how much I hate Twitter. People tweeting in a rage at each other makes the world a birdhouse full of angry birds.
- It has also taught me to edit carefully and quickly because my writing time is theoretically limited, as is my target word-count.
- And I have learned that some days I need to do a simple and easy post like this to give my mind-muscles a chance to rest and grow.
So I will continue to post on WordPress, putting up pusillanimous Paffoonies to treat and entertain you. (Yes, I know that “pusillanimous” means timid. But the root words mean “small mind”, and my mind is nothing if not small. And I also needed a multi-syllabic p-word to make the alliteration sound funnier.)