I woke up this morning to an award from Dear Kitty, Some blog. I want to thank this very talented blogger for making the mistake of nominating little old me. You can find her at this link; https://dearkitty1.wordpress.com/ , although I don’t know how to process a link on WordPress any more so that you can just click on it.
The maker of this award wrote that these are the rules for it:
For the award, post the picture of it in your post and thank your nominator while linking to them. Tell the blogging world 5 things about yourself and/or your blog. Select 5 nominees, name and link to them. Put their names in a list then hi lite them and go to the top of the editor and see the chain link, click that and paste their homepage URL. Then send a copy of your finished post’s URL to each person in their most recent post and you are all done.
So, five things about my blog;
- I didn’t start it myself. This blog was set up for me by I-Universe to help me market the book I published with them in 2013, Catch a Falling Star. Began blogging by following the directions my marketing adviser gave me, and it took me at least a year to discover she was all wrong about her suggestions. I have made a total of $16 from I-Universe on a book I invested in to get published. It is, however, still available from I-Universe, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. My blog is no longer ignored the way it originally was, but my novel still is.
- I use my blog to publish the cartoons, artwork, and seriously goofy poetry that I am also guilty of creating. As an old, retired school teacher, I am quietly going to seed with nothing better to do than this silly blog. If you would like to see a gallery of my artwork, go to Google and do a picture search of the words “Beyer Paffooney”. Hopefully the result will not make you insane or blind or both.
- Students in my classes often didn’t realize it, but I communicate primarily with humor. I guess if you don’t laugh at your own joke while telling it, they don’t catch on that it is a joke. Still, I consider this blog a humor blog. Yes, even if it doesn’t make you laugh.
- Since 2013 I have posted something on this blog 838 times. I posted every single day in 2015. 8,542 visitors have seen my blog, and no one has prosecuted or incarcerated me for it yet. I have 790 followers. I know all this is hard to believe, but I swear that it is true according to the WordPress statistics page.
- I continue to blog about my writing and have at least two more novels seriously invested in the pipeline to be published. You can read about them in my blog.
I will nominate 5 bloggers in the comment section below.